What is ADD/ADHD?
ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) and ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) are names given to a variety of characteristics that can include one or more of the following:
- Easily distracted
- Tendency to excessive daydreaming
- Impulsive - acts without thinking
- Behavioural issues
- Difficulty making/keeping friends
- Lack of awareness/knowledge of time
- Difficulty understanding instructions
- Difficulty with personal organisation, and/or finishing things
On the positive side, people with ADD or ADHD are often naturally inquisitive; they are great at multi-tasking; they can be quick-witted, visionary, and good lateral thinkers. These characteristics can be powerful assets in many walks of life if the negative aspects are dealt to.